luni, 25 mai 2015

Line up, guys!

Hello, hello, my wonderful friends!
This week, the wonderful Diva Lady launched another challenge. It is all about the lines. Only lines. No curves. This is my first atempt. I used Belline, Cubine, Hollibaugh and another one that it was inspired from embroidery, but I am sure that someone have already singed it up as a zentangle pattern. So, if you know the name, please let me know.

I say "first" because I want to make another one this week cause I have found a great source of inspiration: romanian folklore embroidery. On  clothes, on special Easter eggs, those patterns are extremly beautiful. I will try to deconstruct them and apply to zentangle. I think some of them are already in the zentangle patterns'gallery, like the one I have used for the challenge.
 



12 comentarii:

  1. I love what you've used as inspiration and how you've used it. I also like the contrast between the embroidery inspired parts and the solid black/white sections. A nicely constructed piece.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. I'm guessing at what the Romanian says, but I think I've managed to figure out how to leave a comment. I speak Spanish, so the fact that both languages have Latin roots is helpful. Your response to the Diva's challenge is very striking and effective. Thank you for also sharing the folk art inspirations. The eggs and embroidery are quite beautiful.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! I will try to put the blog in English as soon as I will figure it out how to do that :)

      Ștergere
  3. Both the tile and the embroidery pieces are beautiful!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. A wonderful Tile, Kristine. Great Patterns and love your balance of solid black. I was mesmerized by your Romanian Folklore Photos. Thanks for this delightful Post.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. I have long admired Romanian embroidery and egg decorating. You have done a lovely job of incorporating your inspiration into your tile.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  6. Wonderful and very interesting post! Your challenge tile is lovely ... I like the fine contrast!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  7. I love the "stitchery" design that you have added to the straight-line challenge today! Having the picture of the stitched eggs is great...they are beautiful pieces of art too!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  8. Nice tile, and taking inspiration from the embroidery is very interesting.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  9. A well drawn tile with great patterns!!
    Sarah

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  10. I love the contrast in your tile, it's very stunning. After seeing your inspiration pieces, I can see where your getting your inspiration and they are beautiful, The stitchery that you incorporated in your tile is quite a focal point. Wonderful work and very well drawn.

    RăspundețiȘtergere