marți, 23 iunie 2015

Diva Challenge, an invitation and updates to my swaps.

Hello, my zen friends,
This week, the pretty Diva CZT  has a wonderful challenge, but before I show you my tile, please let me show you my first zentangle mail art. It is for a swap on swap-bot. I sent it today, in Germany and I really hope it will arrive on time. The post office here is stuck in the stone age! I went to the Central Post Office and asked them to mail the letter and when the clerk at the counter saw my envelope she looked at me like I was an alien or something and she said she has never seen an envelope like that and she can not receive it. I asked why, and she said that she has no space to put a date stamp on the envelope. She put a postal stamp and and an "airmail" sticker and asked me to put the envelope in the mailbox. It will be picked up today at 17.00. I really hope it will arrive safe.



Now, let's go back to challenges. When I was first discovered Zentangle and ZIAs, I also discovered Diva's Weekly Challenge. That challenge helped me to practice, It motivated me to make a tile at least once a week. So, I think that challenges are a great idea and I would like to host one. I got this idea while looking for tangles. There are a lot of tangles outhere. I know that there is a catalogue on Tangle Patterns.com, but I am also working on a catalogue with patterns. My intention was to start with the tangles that begin with an "a", next week to go to the tangels with a "b", and so one. But...well, there are so many tangles out there that, one week is not enought. I will try to make my catalogue once a month. For the moment the catalogue is for my own use only, to learn new tangles and to discover new possibilities,  but the challenge is opened to everybody.
So the here are the rulles: make one tile, using from 3 to 5 tangles whose names start with  letter "A". Shade, color, do whatever you feel, you want or you think it is best for you. And then please put your link so all of us could enjoy it.
This is my tile:

I used arrowheads, agua, amoeba, arcotres and arukas.
Now, for the DIVA Challenge,  this is the tile that I made this morning, while drinking my coffee:
Hope you like it! And hope you will sign in for the weekly challenge that I am trying to host. I how that Zentangle comunity is a very nice one, with beautiful people, with a lot of talent and a lot of friendship to share.

13 comentarii:

  1. thank you for your nice comment on my blog :). i like both of your tiles, very nice

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Hello!!

    Hahaha I love your Diva's-morning-coffee tile ;) It has a distinctive sense of style to it and a very relaxed vibe :)
    It is ingenious of you to combine Mooka, Zinger an Umble together - I see such a pretty contrast in those curves!

    Take care and chat soon <3

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Hahaha! Yes, coffee and Zentangle really made my day :) Chat to you soon, pretty lady! <3

      Ștergere
  3. Great idea, the more the merrier. I have been making step outs for all the official Zentangle® patterns too just for my own use. It will take ages to catalogue all the patterns I think, I hope you have fun. I will be back with my entry when I have done it. Which day will you issue the new challenges?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. I am looking forward to see your tile. I think I will issue the new challenge next Monday. Or Sunday night, so people can find it Monday morning, while they are taking coffe or tea :)

      Ștergere
  4. Lovely Diva tile! Have to think about participating in your challenge. Sounds like a great way to learn new patterns!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Well, the challenge is not mandatory :) but I also think it is a great way to learn new patterns and to practice the old ones.
      If you decide to participate, I would love to see your tile. Please share it with us.

      Ștergere
  5. I'm back with my tile. On my blog I posted about your new challenge coupled with my entry for DianeClancy's Challenge. I was hoping perhaps some people coming form that link would discover your new challenge. Just trying to spread the word :-) thanks for hosting this,

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Thank you for spreading the word! Every day I discover what wonderful people are into the Zentangle Comunity! An your tile is wonderful! Aquafleur is still a mistery for me. It seams like one of the most dificult tangles to make.

      Ștergere
  6. I love your idea, and I too started doing this for myself before even reading your blog. I am new to zentangle and I am trying to find the best way to learn as many patterns as I can. I started a design of all A tangles but I am not finished with it yet. I will post as soon as I am. I still need filler tangle for some background.

    RăspundețiȘtergere